Friday, November 11, 2016

Always stay humble and kind

"Your kind words and actions will go into the history books of someone's life"


Every time my kind gestures are not reciprocated in the way that I expect it to be, I try to understand the other person's circumstances. That person was probably not brought up with the same values as I was so it is unfair for me to expect him or her to act in a certain way. I know I know... we all tend to get all frustrated when we're facing this situation but hey let's train ourselves to see the good in others ok?

 For some of us, it's common courtesy to smile to a stranger, hold the door for the person behind us, to allow others to exit a lift/train before entering, help an elderly person who seems to be struggling, to text a person asking if he/she has arrived home safely etc unfortunately some of these actions are misinterpreted as an attempt to flirt.

I once received a comment from a relative saying "minat kat orang tu ke?" when he overheard me wishing Selamat Hari Raya to this poor guy who was working at a petrol station on the first day of Raya. I couldn't comprehend the comment as to me that wish could have made the cashier feel appreciated especially on a day like Hari Raya. Some of these comments that people make are unnecessary and can hurt a person's feelings. If you have nothing nice to say, it's best not to say anything at all.


A simple act of kindness does wonders especially on days when things aren't going our way. Be kind to each and every person you encounter (or at the very least try to) as we're all fighting battles others might not know about. It doesn't hurt to be kind, that's for sure.

We need more songs that carry a message like this one

No comments:

Post a Comment